Monday, October 25, 2004

I got paid $150 for bringing a good portion of my critter collection to a Halloween party way out in the East Bay on Sunday. The people who had hired me for the party during which the Monitor bit me were in attendance. They asked to see the scar. There really isn't much of one - just a little red mark on the inside of my ring finger.

Speaking of ring fingers, tomorrow is our second anniversary. Two years of wedded bliss (and constant kid chaos). We've been through a lot together in that short time. I look forward to many more years togother. Maybe some day we'll actually get to relax. Or go on a honeymoon.

I now interrupt this post to rush off and help The Dickens who just pooped in her underwear...

Okay, I'm back. The Dickens has been in fine form lately, spitting milk and cussing out inanimate objects. Earlier she stepped on the soiled Tickle Me Elmo doll in her room, and when it giggled at her she shouted, "stupid Omo! Stupid pants!" I'm not really sure whose pants she was referring to because Elmo wasn't wearing any.

The kids at camp this week are sixth graders, which means there just that much closer to being 7th and 8th graders who, as everybody knows, aren't to be reasoned with. Sixth graders are all right though. I feel more on top of things this week because it wasn't raining today. Rain really does interrupt outdoor classes. Tomorrow it's supposed to pour. I'll be more prepared for it this week.

I had a meeting at my other job tonight. The woman who hired me taught my (for two weeks, anyway) old Monday afternoon class this week - the Lord of the Flies one. She had no more luck than I did in controlling them in any way. That made me feel better.

No comments: