Sunday, October 31, 2004

More excitement around here this week. On friday, I waited with Jen for a portion of her interminable stay in the hospital waiting room. She has mastitis. Check her blog for the gory details. She's a little better today, thankfully. Still far from 100% though.
While I was there, a miserable, quivering man was moaning and stumbling around with his little plastic bowl. Every so often he'd fill it and shuffle over to the bathroom to empty it so the process could begin again. I talked with the guy sitting next to us for awhile. He helpfully filled me in on why to avoid the Alma st. DMV at night. His jaw was held together with wire and pins, due to an encounter with a baseball bat near said DMV. He'd also been stabbed in the chest with a five or six inch knife ("the kind you can buy at liquor stores") and was lucky to be alive. The people who had attacked him got a dollar bill for their trouble. It makes me glad the local DMV is open again after remodeling.

M. and I took the kids to get pumpkins on friday. Here's some photos.






Today is my first day off in about three weeks, so I'm going to go do day off stuff now. Happy Hallowe'en!

No comments: