Monday, October 11, 2004

I spent 12 hours at my new job today and felt like I could have kept going at the end of it. Granted, there was some down time between leading field classes and performing at the campfire, but the day just flew by. I'm ready to do it again tomorrow. I'm still learning things, of course, but I feel that my first day was a success. I met a few more people coworkers as well, and tons of kids (5th graders this week). There are seven teachers from two schools staying at the camp along with their students this week. One of them, bless her heart, brought along an espresso maker.

I saw a whole murder of crows circling overhead in the evening, and as I left for the night two enormous stags crossed the road in front of me. Lovely.

The kids are excited and attentive. I have 22 in my field class. I'm working hard at memorizing all of their names. I'm more than halfway there, I think.

Yesterday, our whole family went up to the school so I could check out some new trails. We ended up hiking over to where Jen and I got married a couple of years ago. Here's a picture of Lexy and a little girl who rarely sits still.



No comments: