Thursday, May 06, 2004

It seems that I'm going to stop being a paperboy sometime near the end of July or beginning of August. That's the latest rumor, anyway. I've always had this bad habit of keeping jobs until I'm forced to move on, which is probably why I've been delivering newspapers since 1988. I'd feel really bad if that was the only thing I had been doing in all of that time, but the fact that the job is a nocturnal one has always meant that I could do other things during the day. Now it looks like I'm going to have to re-learn how to be diurnal. It shouldn't be too hard - I start my second summer of working for the Youth Science Institute at the beginning of July, and hopefully I'll have a job lined up for the fall. It's kind of exciting, being this close to the end of something I've been doing for sixteen years. But when am I going to find time to listen to my cds? Most likely on the commute to Santa Cruz, if I get the job I'm hoping for.

I'm feeling the need to get more organized around here. And on an unrelated topic, I think I'll take the python to the museum tomorrow. He just shed last week, so he's looking his best.

cds I listened to while enjoying the patchy cloud cover: Rube Waddell "Bound for the Gates of Hell", Saw Throat "Indestroy", and Sand "Ultrasonic Seraphim"

No comments: