Wednesday, May 19, 2004

For BioSITE today, instead of the usual elementary school kids, we had high school kids. A Biology 1 field trip, to be precise. I must say that they don't bounce around as much as the younger kids, but they've already mastered that hip, teenage world weary attitude. We had them do a couple of water tests and look at some aquatic macroinvertebrates. The girl who got the water snail wasn't too impressed. The scud seemed to go over a bit better, since it sported stripes and scooted about. The crayfish got some interest, especially after it bloodied one of my fingers for me. The poor thing was missing both of its feelers and a portion of its face, but that didn't seem to slow it down much.

Later, I managed to get my three letters of reference and resume together and mailed out (actually Jen mailed it during one of her many comings and goings), so perhaps something will come of it. I don't count "job hunting" as a skill I've mastered, so at the very least, this is practice.

At home, chaos reigned, mostly thanks to The Dickens. Willow continued her new passion for pushing balls across the ground. Lexy has been writing people's names in code with all over the front walk with chalk. Nate has been pinching people in places that he shouldn't be. The Dickens decimated our tomato supply and carpeted the carpet with veggie chips (with a little help, I suspect).

cds I listened to while only having 26 more delivery days left: Jolie Holland "Escondida", Elliot Goldenthal "Frida" soundtrack, Magma "Theusz Hamtaahk Trilogie", and Neurosis "A Sun That Never Sets"

No comments: