Thursday, May 20, 2004

The circus is coming to town. They've set their tent up on the lawn in front of the museum. Following rumors of free pizza, I popped inside to have a look around. To my delight there was indeed free pizza. Free soda too. You can't beat that. Museum employees mingled with circus employees around a table stacked with pizza boxes, scarfing pizza and swilling soda with the kind of abandon that people reserve for free food. I've also got free passes, so if everything goes according to plan, we're all going to the circus this weekend. I might add here that it's a humans only circus, so there are no bears in tutus and muzzles being forced to ride on unicycles or anything like that. Just people. Maybe there will be people in tutus and muzzles being forced to ride unicycles, but somehow I doubt it. That would be unkind.

With finances looking kind of grim, I have a rejuvenated appreciation for freebies.

Willow likes sliding down the slide attached to the (free) plastic play structure in the backyard. I have to make sure I'm holding on to her while she slides. Otherwise it would quickly turn into a tumble, complete with tears. We can't have that.

Only 25 more delivery days left.

cds I listened to while enjoying the fact that tonight's paper was about 30 pages smaller than last night's: Eleni Karaindrou "Unreleased Recordings", and Current 93 "All Dolled Up Like Christ"

No comments: