Thursday, May 13, 2004

The girls have the stomach flu. Willow doesn't seem too bothered by it, but The Dickens is feeling pretty miserable. Poor Jen. She spent a good portion of the afternoon cleaning up vomit. By the time I got home from work, The Dickens was asleep on the couch. When I got home from work the second time, she was (and is) still asleep on the couch. She's like me in that respect - I always try to sleep as much as possible when I'm ill. I hope she feels better when she wakes up. I hope none of the rest of us get ill.

We made sock puppets during the training meeting at the museum today. I've been thinking lately that what I really want to be is a children's entertainer, not necessarily a teacher. I guess the best thing to be is both. All of the teachers I have dealings with seem too constrained, either by school policies or the need to keep classrooms of unruly children (and their parents) in line. Children's entertainers have more leeway. They can get as crazy and silly as they want, and get paid for it to boot.

Maybe I should make more sock puppets.

The Dickens is awake now, and seems much better. Good. "I frow up last day," she says. Jen adds that it came out her nose. I hate that.

cds I listened to while hoping I don't get sick too: Nina Nastasia "Run to Ruin", Sol Invictus "Trieste", Finntroll "Nattfodd", Asta Kask "Kravallsymfonier 78-86", and Agalloch "The Mantle"

No comments: