Thursday, February 20, 2003

The next time I change a bulb in one of my tail lights I will turn it slightly before yanking on it. They just don't make anything like they used to, do they? At least all of the lights on my car work now. It only cost me $80 too.

I bought a couple of new scorpions last friday. My reasons for doing this were as follows: 1) I recently moved the scorpion I already had into a larger cage, and there was room for him to have some companions, and 2) We need scorpions for the upcoming Irr.App.(ext.) show. I took all of the scorpions to the rehearsal for said show on saturday, and they performed well. The three scorpions, after a bit of bickering over who got what hiding place, have settled in to their new digs.
Now, from the vantage point of almost a week later, I have come to the conclusion that the fact that we decided to use scorpions for the Irr.App.(ext.) show has ended up saving their little lives. During the week, the pet store where I purchased them caught on fire and many of the animals were killed. It has not yet been determined how the fire started. I can't even begin to describe the immense tragedy of all of those animals helpless in their cages as flames and smoke surrounded them. My heart goes out to the owners of the store, who are suffering through this first hand as they try to save the injured animals who survived the blaze.

There really isn't a whole lot of good news anywhere these days...

cds I listened to while no longer feeling like a soccer mom: Klangbad - first steps (compilation), Mandible Chatter "Measuring the Marigolds", Cordelia's Dad "Comet", Dead Raven Choir "Armoured Wolves", S.N.F.U. "Something Green and Leafy This Way Comes", Otyg "Sagovindars Boning", and Landberk "Lonely Land"

now: Charlemagne Palestine "Schlingen-Blangen"

No comments: