Tuesday, February 11, 2003

The mercury, with the help of some kindly clouds, has climbed a bit. There was a beautiful sunset, seen between buildings, yesterday evening. During the afternoon I bought a black light and a couple of sundews. The black light is for the scorpion, who phosphoresces greenly under its influence. It is to be used for the upcoming Irr.App.(ext.) show. By the coating of dust on the box, I could tell that it had been sitting on the shelf at the store since the mid Seventies. The sundews are for the little fruit gnats that are so populous inside our house. Or should I say that the fruit gnats are for the sundews? Carnivorous plants - the natural cure for pesky insects.

I tried to buy a book on sunday while we were up in San Francisco, but was told that the last copy in stock was on hold for somebody. They informed me I could special order it, so I filled out a card and we left the store. Little did I know that the book was actually on hold for me. Hours later, when we arrived home, there were a couple of messages on the machine. The first one was from the bookstore, saying that the book was on hold for... my brother. The second message was from my brother, and contained a fair amount of laughter (which, in truth, had nothing to do with the first message, but the juxtaposition of the two messages was amusing). Subsequent phone calls revealed that he had ordered it with the intention of giving it to me as a present for Christmas. It had arrived too late. How silly.

cds I listened to while not wearing a scarf: Laibach "M.B. December 21, 1984" and "Krst Pod Triglavom - Baptism", Raw Power "Wop Hour", Iron & Wine "The Creek Drank the Cradle", Mandible Chatter "Hair Hair Lock & Lore", Der Eisenrost/C.H.C. Systems demo tracks, and Orphaned Land "The Beloved's Cry"

now: Nurse With Wound "Soliloquy for Lilith"

No comments: