Thursday, February 06, 2003

It figures...

A couple of days ago I noticed that the Powers That Be had erected a shiny new yellow neon crosswalk sign to preside over their freshly painted new crosswalk. It was one of those signs that could be seen from a half mile away, so bright did it shine... Then, today as I drove home from work I noticed that at some point over the last day or so some genius had not stopped at the crosswalk. The shiny new sign lay on its face, with a big dent in its pole. They're going to have to erect stronger signs if they want them to survive the mean streets of our little community.

cds I listened to while stopping at crosswalks: Opeth "My Arms, Your Hearse", and "Still Life", Nurse With Wound "Thunder Perfect Mind", The Black Lily Sisters "Night With Her Train of Stars and Her Gift of Sleep" and one that I really don't know the title to because, like many Americans, I am sadly monolingual., Yma Sumac "Legend of the Sun Virgin", and Carolyn Hester "s/t"

now: Santa Sangre soundtrack

No comments: