Friday, February 07, 2003

Another weeks winds to a close. It's still cold outside (relatively speaking) and the sky is clear.

Since I'm so obsessive about listing the cds I listen to, I thought I'd list some of the books I've read recently:

Robert Aickman - The Collected Strange Stories Vol. 2
Michael Moore - Stupid White Men
Count Stenbock - A Secret Kept
Robert McCammon - Speaks the Nightbird
Thomas Ligotti - Sideshow and other Stories

I'm currently reading Tapping the Dream Tree by Charles de Lint. We're still in the process of reading Lord of the Rings to Alexander. It's too bad Nathan is just a little too young to be interested in the story - he just wants to hear the parts with Aragorn. He has also developed a habit of getting all restless and wiggly at bedtime, and often has to leave the room so everybody else can prepare for sleep. Maybe we'll have to read the whole thing every few years so all of the children can experience it. That would be fun. We'd probably end up knowing the whole book by heart.
Jen and I were talking about books the other night - I mentioned that I tend to peek at people's book shelves and cd racks whenever I find myself in a previously unvisited house. This is the closest I get to being a snoop. You can tell a lot about people by their choices of reading and listening material. Perhaps the hypothetical visitors to this site (outside of the people who already know me) will be able to get in some good snooping time by reading my obsessive little lists.

cds I listened to while thinking of other things to make lists of: Laibach "s/t", Ratos de Porao "Periferia - 1982", Carolyn Hester "The Tradition Album", Sviraj "Ciganine" and Frankie Armstrong "Till the Grass O'ergrew the Corn"

now: Michael Nyman "The Piano" soundtrack

No comments: