Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Jen mentioned to me last night that my left tail/brake light was out, so I pulled the bulb out... and managed to leave the bottom portion of it firmly attached. After mauling it with a couple of pairs of pliers, I gave up. When I started my car to go to work, I noticed that my dashboard lights had joined the strike. An hour or later, I discovered that all of my rear lights were nonfunctional. I finished the night with my hazard lights on, and thankfully saw no cops, except for one who looked like he was thinking about pulling me over but changed his mind. Upon arriving home I looked at my fuse box, consulting the owner's manual as I did so. In the little diagram it indicated that I should use the thoughfully provided fuse puller to extract fuses for inspection. Of course, the space where the fuse puller was supposed to be was quite empty. So instead of going to Hidden Villa tomorrow I'm going to be scrambling about in an attempt to fix my car. Grumblegrumble.

cds I listened to in the flashing glare of my hazard lights: Saw Throat "Indestroy", Laibach "NATO" and "Jesus Christ Superstars", S.N.F.U. "The Last of the Big Time Suspenders", Keuhkot "Vasen ja Oikea", Otyg "Alvefard", and Cordelia's Dad "How Can I Sleep?"

now: The Tear Garden "To Be An Angel Blind, The Crippled Soul Divide"

No comments: