Tuesday, December 10, 2002

The tree is up and decorated, minus about two or three feet that had to be lopped off. Sophie takes great delight in yanking the strings of lights out of the lower branches. Hopefully she won't pull the whole tree over. My mom came over with ornaments for the kids. She drank tea. We drank Mexican hot chocolate. Life is good.

Jen and I braved one of the local malls today, and bought a few things. You know it's true love when I'll willingly go to a mall. Malls smell funny. The Christmas music is obnoxious. We grumbled together about the cookie-cutterness of our surroundings. Then we went home and ate burritos while listening to the Current 93 record I got in the mail today. Much better.

I saw that little owl again tonight. He flew away. What a nervous little bird he is.

cds I listened to while worrying owls: Loreena McKennitt "A Winter Garden", M. Gira "Living '02", Paul DiAnno & Killers "South American Assault - Live", Lacuna Coil "s/t", Masaki Batoh "Collected Works 1995-1996", and a cd that shall remain a secret

now: Sigillum S "Bardo Thos-Grol"

No comments: