Thursday, December 05, 2002

I had a cake with 35 candles on it. The boys got to lick them clean of chocolate after I blew them out. I get to sleep on new pillows tonight as well, and I have a cool new art set.

The Rat snake just shed for the second time since coming to join us. He's currently crawling around his cage looking for small mice. This means I have to go to the store soon. I took all of my spiders to the museum today, and sat with them in the garden. There were very few visitors, but those who did make it out found the tarantulas interesting. The Black Widow refused to eat in front of people. I spent the rest of the time collecting dead bees and studying for the CBEST. There were some good sized bees who looked like they were on their last legs, but I decided it was kind of creepy to stand over them with my little cup, waiting for them to expire. I forgot to go back and look later.

cds I listened to while anticipating a night of sleeping on my new pillows: Judas Priest "Hell Bent for Leather" (childhood nostalgia) and "Sad Wings of Destiny", Diamanda Galas "Malediction and Prayer" and "Plague Mass" (live at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, NYC - Greg and I went there on a different date, and were duly impressed by the magnificence of the building - so much that we were later seen running around quite nude on Wall Street), and Paul Chain "Park of Reason" (a 90 minute cd! the last track is two songs, one on the left, and one on the right. Now that's value for your money.)

now: Loreena McKennitt "To Drive the Cold Winter Away"

No comments: