Tuesday, December 24, 2002

Jen has a bloody sore throat and a migraine headache that won't go away. The room I now sit in is a chaos of gifts and wrapping material. Christmas eve is upon us. I'm worried about Jen, but can do little about it, except try and distract the kids and let her get some rest. Of course, it's next to impossible to get rest when you're in pain. Why couldn't I have been the one to get sick? Dammit!

I got an unnofficial notification of my CBEST scores, excluding the results on the essay portion. I got a 75 out of 80 on the reading section, and a 71 out of 80 on the math. If I follow the explanation of the scores right, it doesn't matter what I get on the essays anyway, because the combined scores on the reading and math are already higher than the minimum score needed to pass.

The moon and clouds were beautiful tonight, but it was quite cold. The papers were 40 pages, which is quite tiny. We actually got Christmas bonuses too. ...and there was candy.

cds I listened to while digesting candy: Manilla Road "Spiral Castle", Fly Pan Am "Sedatifs en Frequences et Sillons", Sheila Chandra "Weaving My Ancestor's Voices", David Maranha "Noe's Lullaby", Mother Earth "Transitions", and Motorhead "On Parole"

now: Thighpaulsandra "I, Thighpaulsandra"

No comments: