Monday, December 23, 2002

Like last week's loquacious security guard indicated, the security checkpoint disappeared over the weekend. The little booth is still there, but stands empty. Now anybody can just go right in. In fact, I saw a jackrabbit hopping around like he owned the place. Don't these people know that rabbits are a security threat? Look what they did to Australia...

Jen and I went and saw The Two Towers today (okay, yesterday, but you know what I mean...). Another three hours that went by too quickly, preceeded by 25 minutes (Jen checked the clock on her phone) of commercials and previews that went by much too slowly. The film twiddles with a few of the story threads from the book, but not annoyingly so. If anything, Peter Jackson has made it more suspenseful, and in some ways, more human. Not that I'm in any way maligning the source material, which still stands as one of my favorite books. It all makes me want to read more of the viking sagas...

cds I listened to while laughing at rabbits: Coil "20' to 2000", Mekong Delta "Pictures at an Exhibition", Mercyful Fate "Return of the Vampire", and Metallica "Garage Inc."

now: Paul Chain "Violet Art of Improvisation"

No comments: