Tuesday, December 03, 2002

I used to have to keep telling myself that life is a journey, not a destination. Then I would ask myself, "what the hell am I doing spending so much time engaged in activities (such as work) that hold no intrinsic appeal?" Why indeed... The trick is, of course, to find ways to liven up those moments of necessity induced tedium. This is why there is always a list of cds at the bottom of each entry. You can make me deliver papers, but you can't make me think about delivering papers. I am usually worlds away from the task at hand. I enjoy being out a night. I love watching the seasons change. I love listening to music. I don't have time to focus on things that bore me. Soon, if all goes well, I will have a different kind of job - one that will be more engaging and challenging. For now, though, I journey through the necessities of life with my eyes turned elsewhere...

I've just noticed that there is a message stating that, "sorry, publishing is temporarily unavailable". hmmm...

Sophie went out chalking today. Chalking, for those of you who don't know, is the act of applying chalk to all available surfaces. Sophie is good at this. She's also good at chocolate milking.

cds that held my attention more than the task at hand: In Gowan Ring "Hazel Steps Through A Weathered Home", Diamanda Galas "Schrei X", Utah Phillips "The Telling Takes Me Home", and Ducasse compilation (disk one)

now: Loreena McKennitt "The Visit"

No comments: