Thursday, December 19, 2002

It is thundering outside, and the gutters are flooding over. Jen's been having terrible migraines over the last couple of days, so I stayed home from the museum to help out. I actually managed to get out of bed early enough to take Lexy to school this morning, at which time the clouds where still merely threatening, albeit in a graceful sort of way. It was quite beautiful, with little curlicues of cloud marching across the sky.

Last night, the security checkpoint was still in place, with the fourth different guard in as many days. This one sat in his shack with a vapid expression, not seeming too sure of what action to take. finally, he pulled out his little flashlight, which he waggled in my direction. He then asked me to show some I.D., which is funny, because none of the other guards have bothered with this. I always wonder why there never seems to be any communication between security guards. Every night, they write down my licence plate number and call it in to some unseen supervisor. It's not like my routine varies. Why don't they just let each other know that the newspaper guy will be along at a certain time, so they don't have to look so befuddled when I approach the shack? It's irritating...

My front, passenger side automatic window has been threatening to cease functioning. It doesn't always roll up when I want it to. This is not good when it's pouring outside.

cds I listened to while perplexing the security guards: Sleepytime Gorilla Museum "live at the Bottom of the Hill, 6/21/02", Ian Carr & Karen Tweed "Fyace", Lena Willemark "Nar Som Graset Det Vajar", Do Make Say Think "Goodbye Enemy Airship the Landlord is Dead", Manilla Road "Mystification", and Coil "Love's Secret Domain"

now: Jim Matheos "First Impressions"

No comments: