Friday, November 22, 2002

That damn gated community on my route seems to attract cops. Maybe people who have the poor judgement to live in such a monstrosity and pay outrageous amounts in rent also have poor judgement in other matters. Tonight I passed by as the cops were banging on some guy's door and then inviting themselves in. I remember another time, about thirty feet further into the complex, when I scared the shit out of a couple of cops who were obviously intent on searching for somebody. They didn't notice me until I was right on top of them. I'm lucky I didn't get shot. Now whenever I see police activity, I walk. Running silently up behind cops could be bad for my health.
Lockheed seemed to be a hub of police and fire engine activity tonight as well. I'm not sure why.

On my way to work, some guy in a truck right in front of my threw a cigarette out his window. On my way back from work, some guy in a truck right in front of me threw a cigarette out his window. Maybe it was the same guy. Wouldn't that be a strange coincidence?

There was a nice amount of fog over the valley tonight.

cds I listened to while appreciating the fog: In Extremo "Verehrt und Angespien", Utah Phillips "Making Speech Free", Firewater "Get Off the Cross... We Need the Wood for the Fire", In The Woods "A Return to the Isle of Men", and Mumble & Peg "All My Waking Moments in a Jar"

now: Kate Price "Deep Heart's Core"

No comments: