Monday, November 25, 2002

Jen and I went and saw Bowling for Columbine today, which we both agreed should be mandatory viewing in public schools. I won't say more than that. I'm glad it was a good film though, because we had to wait through one of those insipid, advertisement-laced slide shows, and then what seemed like another half hour of commercials. To top it all off, they have the nerve to call it "pre-show entertainment". This reminded us why the non-corporate movie theaters are so much better. It's the kind of thing that makes me just want to wait for the DVD release so I can rent it and not have to be a captive audience for all of this nauseating drivel. If there is a hell for the clowns who think up this kind of crap, then it is a movie theater that plays nothing but smarmy commercials for eternity.
Jen thinks that if they're going to show so many advertisements, then they should let us in free. I heartily agree.

It was cool and pleasant tonight, with some streets pleasingly carpeted with leaves. The fog was moving in just as I got home.

cds I listened to while driving over leaves: Neurosis "The Word as Law", In the Woods "Heart of the Ages" and "Omnio", and Firewater "The Ponzi Scheme"

now: Kate Price "The Time Between"

No comments: