Tuesday, November 26, 2002

Sophie has been pointing at our stomachs and exclaiming, "baby!" I think she knows that somebody new is going to show up, but isn't sure who this new person is hiding inside. She also reminded me to take my jacket to work tonight by saying "I gacket!" as I was about to leave. She's no dope.

I finally replaced my brake light bulb, and the porch light bulb. We all struggle to not let the little things overwhelm us, but, being little things, we often forget to do them until they gang up on us in the form of an all encompassing "big thing". I can intend to do something for months sometimes before actually doing it. It doesn't matter if it's something that takes less than a minute to do - it's all a matter of remembering at a moment when I can actually do it. I tend to think of things when I'm at work or about to go to sleep. This is why the little things often just do not get done.

cds I listened to while thinking about things that need to be done: Firewater "Psychopharmacology", Utah Phillips "Good Though!", Jarboe "Dissected - a collection of remixes", In the Woods "Strange in Stereo", and Varttina "Kokko"

now: Diamanda Galas "The Singer"

No comments: