Friday, November 08, 2002

It rained most of the day. At the museum, I stared out the window at the clouds as they surged across the sky, and imagined that they were stationary and we were the ones moving. As I drove home, the storm increased in ferocity. Later, the lights flickered but never went out. I lit a couple of candles just in case the power died. As I took out the trash, the garbage can lid took an unexpected trip down the block. I caught it and put it back a bit more forcefully.
Now it is relatively calm outside, and I am drinking a large glass of orange juice.

I was filling out one of those emergency forms (you know - who to contact in case I fall down a well or experience any other catastrophe) for Hidden Villa, and of course I put down Jen. I got a real thrill out of writing down "wife" in the "relationship" space. I'm so glad we found each other.

cds I listened to as the winds died down: Political Asylum "Rock, You Sucker", Penelope Houston "Karmal Apple", Ani Difranco "Out of Range", Godflesh "Selfless", and Gjallarhorn "Ranarop - Call of the Sea Witch"

now: Martyn Bates "Imagination Feels Like Poison"

No comments: