Friday, March 20, 2009

Some years ago, the girls created a ritual, to be performed while walking to the grocery store. Down by the walkway, behind the building, there is an open pipe, probably some sort of vent, jutting out from the wall. The ritual involves shouting into the opening. When the girls were young, their rants were relatively nonsensical - aargagk bkabka gaaabbaaa! Poopy diaper baby butt!

Here's what they said today:

Sophie: In the nineteen eighties, George Bush was in a bar! He pulled down his pants! He lost his pants!

Willow: Hi, my name is Willow! I'm a little kid! Bye!

I've always imagined some hapless grocery store employee looking around in bewilderment, wondering where the little voices are coming from, and wondering if professional help is needed.

Am I a bad parent for laughing? I did ask Sophie where she got the idea to say such a thing. Her Answer? I made it up!

No comments: