Monday, March 02, 2009

March already! I probably could have told that without looking at the calendar. March always seems like the rainiest month of the year, and this one is no exception. We are two for two so far, with the rain pelting the roof as I type. The wind is strong enough to cause high-profile vehicles to veer dangerously on the freeways, and the sky is churning with dark clouds. I love it!

I'm busy this week. I've taken over the 6th grade classroom for the time being, which means my organizational skills are being put to the test. Today went okay, with things more or less falling into place, sometimes with the help of the kids. The kids, having been students in this class since Autumn, know the routines and are always quick to point out steps I've forgotten. Some people might find that obnoxious, but I find it genuinely helpful. We're all there to help each other, and I'm having fun getting to know the kids even better.

I've definitely got to step up the pace when it comes to grading/correcting papers. I'm slow.

There's other stuff going on in the sidelines too. I find myself happily distracted.

And still the rain falls. I wonder if this will be another March like the one a few years ago when it rained every day. As long as it doesn't rain on Willow's upcoming birthday party, I don't care. In fact, I would welcome it.

No comments: