Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The moon is full tonight. I was just in time to see the bottom edge clear the eastern hills as it rose, bloated and orange, into the fading sky. It's funny how profoundly still it appears, especially when contrasted against the hive-like activity of San Jose freeways, with lines of cars, like huge, phosphorescent ants, whizzing mindlessly along under its pale glow.

What's the hurry?

For me, it was the rush to get my latest assignment electronically submitted. This involved a late evening drive to the school to retrieve a video tape, followed by a slightly later drive to purchase burritos.

I couldn't help thinking that we have much to learn from the moon.

Now, at work, I can relax a bit. The kids are in bed, and there is a library book nearby, waiting for me to continue reading it. I once had a friend note that I look absolutely serene when I'm reading. In this case, looks aren't deceiving.

Currently listening to: Mirror "Islands". Yeah, I digitize my vinyl. What of it?

No comments: