Sunday, March 08, 2009

Here's where daylight savings causes trouble - little girls who aren't tired at bedtime. Willow is on yesterday's time still, and is not even a little bit sleepy.

We spent a good chunk of time with her homework earlier. This is partially my fault because I believed her a couple of days ago when she said her weekly homework was done. Imagine my surprise when I pulled it out to discover that she hadn't started it yet.

It's still strange to me that kindergarteners even have homework. Back when I was her age, we just colored with crayons and threw blocks at each other. I also vividly remember chasing classmates around with an earwig, yelling, "earwigs go in your ears!"

Memories...

Now, my ears are covered with headphones (what a wonderful way to keep out the earwigs!), and I'm listening to the new Neko Case - "Middle Cyclone"

No comments: