Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Yep, I definitely have that cold that Jen is just now getting over. The back of my throat hurts, and my nose is filling up. I think I'll call in sick to work tomorrow to avoid passing it on to a bunch of children.

Autumn is amongst us. That big pile of yellow leaves is back in our driveway. Maybe I'll be more diligent about sweeping it up this year. The new(ish) neighbors next door seem pretty concerned about their yard, judging by the amount of time they spend manipulating it. They have managed to tear up and get rid of just about everything the last neighbor planted. The yard waste bin was full of ferns for many weeks running. I love the leaves though. It seems a pity to just throw them away. Maybe we should pull a Leo Buscaglia and bring them all inside and spread them around the living room. It would hide the stains on the carpet.

It is a bit cooler tonight, and there's some cloud cover that will, no doubt, burn off shortly after sunrise. I wish it would stick around.

cds I listened to while thinking about leaving the leaves: V/A "Closed On Account of Rabies - Poems and Tales of Edgar Allan Poe", V/A "The Portable Altamont", V/A "A Bead to a Small Mouth", Paul Roland "Strychnine", and In Gowan Ring "Exists and Entrances Volume Four: Autumn Equinox"


No comments: