Tuesday, September 16, 2003

For the third time, I've had to move the toad. The last two times I saw him, he was struggling to get up over the curb in a parking lot on my route. This time, he was hopping merrily around in the middle of the parking lot. I almost ran him over, but since I knew that he might be nearby, I was being extra vigilant and thus avoided turning him into one of those sad, flat toads that are sometimes seen along the sides of roads. He was a bit indignant when I picked him up, and peed on me as I walked him over to the ivy. This is the thanks I get.

And why... random thought here... do people who graffiti bathrooms usually stick to obscene, one syllable words? Think about it. You can write anything you want to. That bathroom wall is a blank slate (unless somebody has beaten you to it, of course) just waiting for you to write something for the world to see (because, after all, everybody has to use the bathroom). hmmm... let's see. I could write something profound, or I could write "fuck" in really big, sloppy letters. I might even spell it "fuk". It's a statement about my brain. My brain hurts. Big words make it hurt. Most other things make it hurt too...

cds I listened to while wishing there were better things to read in the bathroom: all Various Artists - "Karmokosmetix promosampler", "Seireenia", "Great Punk Hits", and "emre (dark matter)"

No comments: