Friday, September 12, 2003

There's a riot of frogs in the nearby creek. They're singing up a storm. I only wish I meant that literally. It's been brutishly hot the last couple of days - the kind of dull heat that makes me want to go someplace air conditioned and steal their air conditioner and bring it home. Unfortunately, the heat makes me too lethargic to plan any robberies that would stand a chance of success, so we're stuck with the discomfort.

Oh well, another work week fades into the past. I found out that I'm getting paid marginally better than my usual museum wage for my upcoming stint as a BioSITE instructor. I'll be earning what amounts to a whole extra dollar a week! Yay! Of course, I didn't decide to do BioSITE (that's Students Investigating Their Environment) again for the financial wealth it would bring me. I decided to do it because after a summer of teaching science camp, being back at the museum seems like a step backwards. BioSITE gives me the opportunity to keep teaching kids about the environment. It's more active than my usual museum job of facilitating activities for visitors. Some days there just aren't a lot of visitors. Today there were hardly any. On days like today, I end up sitting around and drawing, or playing music, or, if I don't feel like doing either of those things (which is rare), being bored. Boredom is the enemy.

cds I listened to because if I wasn't listening to them I would have been bored: Paul Roland "Sarabande" and "Gargoyles", Pentagram "Bir", Negativland "s/t", COH "Vox Tinnitus", Nekromantik/Der Todesking soundtrack (nice, family oriented films, of course), and Endura "Dreams of Dark Waters"

No comments: