Monday, July 28, 2003

The weekend... The weekend. Wherefore art thou, weekend? Monday morning, like a crocodile on a chicken farm, arrives without warning to wreak havoc amongst us sleepy chickens. Okay, maybe it's not that bad, but it was good to just lounge around and read yesterday. I don't get enough time to read. I really don't. Here's what I've managed to read lately:

Shardik - Richard Adams
Never Trust A Rabbit - Jeremy Dyson
The Thomas Ligotti Reader - Darrell Schweitzer, ed.
Crampton - Thomas Ligotti and Brandon Trenz
A Fine Dark Line - Joe R. Lansdale
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
England's Hidden Reverse - David Keenan

I started a new week of camp today. I'm teaching the same camp as last week, but with slightly younger kids and at a different location. I think, due to the location being less interesting, that we will be doing more art projects and fewer hikes. Today we made journals, hiked, did leaf rubbings, created leaf and snakeskin prints, and told stories. Again, the girls outnumber the boys - I have four boys and ten girls (although two of the girls weren't here today). It's too early to tell if any of them will need extra attention (how's that for a euphemism?). That said, one of the girls seems to like wandering off. They all created cool art though, and really got into decorating their journals.

cds I listened to while being up while you were asleep: Test Dept "Ecstacy Under Duress", "New World Order", and "The Unacceptable Face of Freedom", and 2 Foot Yard "live at 21 Grand, Oakland, 5/7/03"

No comments: