Wednesday, July 02, 2003

So here it is - three in the morning and Jen and I are sitting around the computer. Willow is sleeping on the bed behind us, and the other kids are in the other room, also sleeping. If I listened more carefully to my own body, I would also be sleeping. Why do we do this? I think it's a societal thing, this forcing ourselves to stay awake when we're tired, or to eat when we're not hungry ("it's dinner time, so I must eat!"). We work when we don't feel like it too, just because we're told to. It would be much healthier for all concerned if we didn't force ourselves to keep going. We need to become more in touch with our natural cycles.

Earlier, I cleaned the old sand out of the sandbox and poured in some brand new sand. The old sand was full of lumps of finely aged cat poo, left there by the opportunistic neighborhood felines who always seem to know when somebody has left the lid off of a sandbox. We'll do our best to prevent it from continuing to be a kitty commode, especially since The Dickens seems to confuse poop with chocolate.

cds I listened to while wondering what my natural cycle is: Sun Dial "Other Way Out", Bohren & Der Club of Gore "Black Earth", Sulfur "Delirium Tremens", Swans "Anonymous Bodies in an Empty Room", and Tor Lundvall "Under the Shadows of Trees"

No comments: