Thursday, May 15, 2003

Well, I finally did it. I finally threw away the Christmas tree. It was looking sad and brown as it lay in the corner by the gate, with an equally brown wreath balanced on top. Speaking of brown, that was also the color of the water that we emptied out of our new steam cleaner after we cleaned the front room. A lot of the stains are still there, but they are noticably fainter. I'm sure The Dickens will have them back to their original color before long.

I even managed to clean the back patio without the mother hummingbird getting upset. I'd been putting it off because the last time I went out there she popped out of her nest and hovered in my face until I went back inside. How's that for an excuse not to sweep...

The moon is nearly full, and sits above our house like a pearl formed in the belly of a cloud. Uh oh... that was almost poetry. Time for bed.

cds I listened to while being shone upon: Sieben "Forbid the Sun's Escape", Sigillum S "Abstraction" and "Bardo Thos-Grol", Rube Waddell "Bound for the Gates of Hell", Tristania "Beyond the Veil", and Roy Harper "Unhinged"

No comments: