Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Jen went and got a cavity filled today, leaving me home with the three younger kids. Willow used my arm as a bed, pressing her cheek up against the crook of my elbow and occasionally sending a stream of spit-up down my arm and pants. The Dickens smiled and laughed and then tantrumed about not getting a ride in the wicker basket. Nathan spent most of his time using the couch as a trampoline. I swear somebody is secretly feeding that boy some powerful stimulants. He never stops. When Jen came home the local anesthetic hadn't worn off yet and she couldn't feel one of her eyes. Despite this, we bundled all of the kids out the door and went around the corner to mail some bills and get some food. I got grumpy when I discovered that the little mailing center by our house doesn't send things via registered mail. Jen took everybody but The Dickens into Safeway, so I supervised her while she tore up the landscaping and deposited it in the fountain. Flowers look kind of nice floating in the water. I had to replant one hapless bit of greenery that wouldn't relinquish its flowers when The Dickens tugged on it. Then we came home, ate some wonderful soup concocted by Jen, and watched Gamera. The Dickens amused herself by turning off the TV every couple of minutes.

cds I listened to while appreciating Jen for being able to take care of four kids at once: V/A - Drinking From Puddles: A Radio History, The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus "The Gift of Tears/Mirror", Tribes of Neurot "60 degrees", and Negativland/Chumbawamba "The ABCs of Anarchism"


.

No comments: