Friday, May 16, 2003

As I left for work tonight, the police were searching for someone. Up beyond the police helicopter was the moon, looking like somebody with really large, dirty fingers had smudged it irrepairably. It was, of course, an eclipse. As I drove to work, the untainted white sliver grew, forcing the brownish shadow back. By the time I started delivering papers, the moon was round and white, and some different police were looking for someone. A little while later, I got pulled over. After noting that my car was full of yet-to-be-delivered newspapers, the policeman let me go.

A sure sign that the economy is in bad shape: One of my co-workers, who used to boast about how well he was doing in the stock market, now uses duct tape to hold his tires together. He just sticks it on over the exposed steel tread. Apparently it works too. If the manufacturers of duct tape knew this, they'd probably have him do a product endorsement. Then he could go buy new tires with the money they gave him. It would be a win-win situation. Maybe he should get on the phone and let the world know about his desperate duct tape usage.

cds I listened to while watching the moon come back: Sigillum S "Helix Parasites", "Atom!", and "Malattia", Tristania "s/t" and "Angina", and Ashes "Ashland"

No comments: