Wednesday, May 14, 2003

I've heard people mangle the english language many times over the years, but here's one I've never heard before... A co-worker was talking about a band he had seen while in Reno, and he related to the rest of us that the band had "badgered" several songs rather badly. I'm guessing that he meant to say "butchered". I hope he doesn't ever use "butchered" in place of "badgered". I can see it now - "I'm going to butcher you until I get that raise." Ouch!

I'm taking the next couple of days off from the museum, ostensibly to spend time with our friends from overseas. I may indeed do this, but then again I may just use the time to help get the house in shape for company. Or maybe I'll just use it to sleep. It looks like it's going to be a busy weekend.

cds I listened to while thinking about sleeping: Zmrzlina "s/t", Rube Waddell "Stink Bait" and "Hobo Train", Darrin Verhagen "Hydra", Shub Niggurath "s/t" and "Les Morts Vont Vite", and Woven Hand "Blush Music"

No comments: