Friday, January 24, 2003

Tonight all of the police were in one place - right in the middle of my route. They were walking in the road, leaning against their cars, and shining their flashlights everywhere. I don't know who they were looking for, and knew better than to ask. I'm pretty sure it was the driver of the car that sat perpendicular to the lanes in the middle of the road. It looked burned, but I'm not sure... This meant, of course, that if I had the desire to do so, I could break all sorts of laws elsewhere on my route with impunity. It's good to know where all of the cops are. I wish it happened more often.
Yesterday a man in a trailer park yelled and ran after me. I let him run a bit before stopping to see what he wanted. He just wanted to tell me that he didn't take the paper. I had been delivering one to his address, but it was somebody else's name on the label. That makes this the second time this had happened recently. The other time the person just called in and said that the name was fictitious and that the paper was jamming their gate. I'm glad it was jamming their damn gate because their house is really ostentatious - it even has those stupid lion statues on either side of the front walk. And their gate - it's across their driveway! What? Don't they trust their neighbors? I think I'm getting all of these fake subscriptions because somebody somewhere is looking at a really old list of people who used to take the paper and just signing them up again. This would explain why I'm delivering a paper with "Hilton" on the label to the Four Points Sheraton hotel. Somebody is picking that one up though. ...probably the janitor.

Oh, and we heard from medi-cal. Our total bill for Jen's hospital stay is a whopping.... $0.00000. I guess that means we're poor.

cds I listened to while trying to decide which laws to break: In Slaughter Natives "Enter Now the World", My Dying Bride "Turn Loose the Swans", Lake of Tears "A Crimson Cosmos", Mellow Candle "Swaddling Songs", and Radio Tarifa "Rumba Argelina"

now: Heavenly Voices vol.1 compilation

No comments: