Thursday, January 30, 2003

I met Big Bird today. Sort of. Okay, so it wasn't really Big Bird. It was Caroll Spinney, who spends much of his life hiding inside Big Bird. When he's not hiding inside Big Bird, he's in that trash can underneath Oscar the Grouch. When he's not doing either of these things, he's walking around museums. Today he was at our museum. He told me to "keep up the good work." I told him the same thing. What was I doing to inspire such a comment from such an esteemed individual? I had mixed together Elmer's glue with Ivory Snow soap and added water, and was dipping the resulting stretchy, rubbery strands of no-longer-sticky glue in white paint and painting pictures with them. Oh yeah, I was also helping some kids thoroughly decimate a couple of cans of shaving cream. ...and I get paid for this!

I figured out that on the days when I go to both jobs I drive a total of 115 miles.

cds I listened to while driving 115 miles: Ulver "Lycantropen Themes", My Dying Bride "The Light at the End of the World", Nightwish "Sleeping Sun", Louisa John-Krol "Alexandria", Vera Bila & Kale "Kale Kalore", Giya Kancheli "Caris Mere", and Keuhkot "Mita Otat Mukaan Muistoksi Sivistyksesta"

now: Custer LaRue "The Demon Lover"

No comments: