Thursday, January 16, 2003

It is actually starting to feel like january now.

I got my W-2 form from the museum today, and noticed that for some reason the amount of my annual wages deducted for federal income tax was... wait for it... $1.41. Nothing has changed since last year. Has there been some sort of mistake? I've got to change my withholdings anyway, since I'm married now. Of course, if they withhold any less, they'll have to actually give me extra money. I think, also, that this will be the first year where I will have made less than the previous one. I hate taxes. Nobody ever spends the money on the things I want them to spend it on. I hate the thought of any of my money helping fund the current gung-ho bullshit let's-bomb-people-in-other-countries-because-my-daddy-missed-the-head-honcho-when-he-was-president. I keep hearing about troops being sent overseas. How many people will die? and for what exactly? Don't hand me those lines about peace and freedom. I don't believe them. Our freedoms are being compromised, and war doesn't lead to peace. War only leads to more war. Look at all of the other conflicts in the world today. Some of them have been going on for a really long time now. Peace and freedom indeed. More like money and revenge. This governmental nepotism and arrogance is going to kill a lot of people over the next few years - perhaps even more than it has killed already. Okay, rant over. For now.

cds I listened to while wishing I was in charge of spending the government's money: Lauren Hoffman "Megiddo", Ilgi "Speleju Dancoju", Hoelderlin "Live Traumstadt" and "Hoelderlins Traum", and Muzsikas "The Prisoner's Song"

now: Rustavi Choir "Alilo - Ancient Georgian Chorales"

No comments: