Friday, January 17, 2003

I stayed up late last night enjoying the fact that this computer is now equipped with speakers, which Jen got me for Christmas. She also got me a cd burner and an Mp3 player, which aren't hooked up yet. This is going to give me all sorts of new ways to obsess over music. Now I get to pop around to various web sights and listen as well as look. I'll try to restrain myself somewhat. I do, after all, have a small bit of music on cd. I even have a few records... and some tapes. I'm just another Luddite pushed out into the glaring light of the future. I hope I don't go blind.

cds I listened to while wishing I had sunglasses: Mary Throwing Stones "Gerta", Puri-do "The Perpetua Reel...", Irr.App.(Ext.) "Their Little Bones, Becoming Sharp, Find Repose but Fail to Avoid Worrying A Breach In the Ghostly Skin the Which Separates that Above From That Below (This Being the Last and Final Seal) and Whereupon All Light Evacuates the Furnace. Several Consequences Ensue", Nurse With Wound/Aranos "Santoor Lena Bicycle", My Dying Bride "Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium", "The Thrash of Naked Limbs", and "I Am the Bloody Earth", and Inna and the Farlanders "The Dream of Endless Nights" (and endless cd titles...)

now: In Gowan Ring "The Twin Trees"

No comments: