Tuesday, March 24, 2020

A Week In

We're a full week in to sheltering in place. I went up to camp to deliver some food supplies to our nature lab today, with the intention of doing a little walk and photographing birds. Of course, it rained. The only worthwhile photos I managed to get were of the deer herd cropping grass on our lower field. I'm trying to get a better photo of a Wilson's Warbler, and I could hear it down in the meadow, but never managed to actually see it. Maybe next time I'll be more successful.

After I got home, I got some photos of one of the pair of California Towhees that live in our yard. It had a beakful of nesting material.


Jeanine went out to deliver clean clothes to her mom, who lives in an assisted living facility. They're closed to visitors, so she has to hand things off at the door. She also went to the store for a few supplies and found many of the shelves bare. The self-serve lines were nonexistent, presumably because everyone is terrified of touching surfaces. Not that I blame them.

Against the advice of smarter, more experienced people, Resident Rump is making noises about getting things back to normal in time for Easter.

Check out the global numbers of Covid-19 cases here. They've just added a breakdown of cases in Africa.

Our local county (Santa Clara) numbers are here.

Currently listening to: Boris "Love and Evol"

No comments: