Wednesday, August 10, 2005


My work day was less strenuous today, but somehow I feel more tired. I think I should start going to sleep earlier than midnight. Oh well, at least I got to spend the morning driving around in the school's air-conditioned van doing errands instead of weed whacking. The rest of the day was given over to helping the janitor cope with the onslaught of the two summer camp groups. Most of the symphony people don't seem to get the concept of recycling, so I'm constantly having to fish around in the trash to rescue bottles and cans. There's always all sorts of other nastiness in the garbage as well. You see people in a much different light after a few days of sifting through their trash. I have to admit that I lost interest in working around 2 PM today. Too hot. Send me on more errands in the van!

We have another large spider living with us. This time it's a Wolf spider, courtesy of Jen's friend K, who is sort of a clearing house for critters. This one was found underneath a desk at a business that her husband's cleaning company was cleaning. It's kind of cute. Willow, who went with me to get it, was really excited about it. Since she was so interested, I got out the other spiders too. She softly petted the Tucson Blonde tarantula, and exclaimed in wonder at the sight of the Costa Rican Zebra tarantula. After a moment, she toddled over and got her Dora the Explorer doll, telling it, "look Dowa! See spider!" Dora didn't seem impressed. But then again what does she know?

No comments: