Tuesday, August 02, 2005



As I walked home from the grocery store a few minutes ago, I saw a guy cleaning the graffitti off the back entrance. I thought about asking him to follow me home so he could clean up all of the new graffitti Willow has bestowed upon every surface she can reach. Here's a picture of the artist herself.

Today might have been a few degrees cooler than yesterday. We did another pond cleanup during the afternoon, during which I caught some tadpoles and a small Garter snake. I spend an additional, completely useless, amount of time trying to net some adult Bullfrogs, which will allow themselves to be lifted slowly out of the water on a net, but then fling themselves into the water like olympic divers immediately afterwards. It was fun to try though, and it captivated the kids.

One of the other instructors saw a large Rattlesnake nearby, but it was gone by the time I went to look for it.

We have a new van, a Nissan Quest. I'll let Jen take over this part of the story on her blog. It is really nice to not have to rely on that old piece of crap we were driving.

Well, I'd better go read some Harry Potter to the boys now. The natives, as always, are getting restless. Time to go calm them down so they can get some rest.

No comments: