Thursday, August 04, 2005



I took a little hike during my break at work today, with the intention of taking photos. I ended up not taking any. I watched a Dragonfly alternating between gliding and darting after insects above my head for awhile, enjoying the way the sunlight made its wings glitter. Much too quick and small to take a picture of, of course. That's why I'm typing this here. There's more than one way to take a picture.

The rest of my time at work involved water. In the morning, we hiked up the same creek I've been taking kids to for the last three weeks or so. In the afternoon, we did some more pond cleaning. Afterwards I hosed myself down (the pond is sort of smelly) and jumped in the pool. I even managed to get soaked again during one of the skits we performed for the campers and their parents. My only consolation is that I also soaked the front row.

It was kind of a long day, but then again it's the sort of job where one doesn't mind long hours. Half of the staff is still there, taking the kids on a night hike and then camping out with them on the field. I'm on Friday duty this week, which means I'll be getting to work just as the staff who camped out are preparing to leave. I think I prefer camping out, because as I've mentioned before I love being able to look up at the night sky as I fall asleep. I also love having my Fridays free. I can't have that schedule every week though.

Remember to only put recyclable materials in the containers. If you don't, somebody has to go through the extra effort to sort it.

No comments: