Tuesday, May 31, 2005

After a long weekend during which very little was accomplished, I'm working my last week of outdoor school before the summer camp season starts.

Tonight, we all went up to the school so the kids could see the campfire program. It was still warm after sunset, and swallows flitted here and there, looking like bats. Willow ran around a lot, trying to climb fences and poles. The Dickens, who had fallen asleep in the van on the way up, groggily woke up about halfway through the program. Nate darted here and there. Lexy sat and watched the program. One out of four isn't too bad, I guess.
Jen and I switched off caring for the girls, trying to keep them quiet. With little kids it's more about damage control than everything else. At least this time the damage was controlled, and everybody had a good time.

At home, it's uncomfortably warm. The snakes are all crawling around in their cages looking for ways out. I think I'll go read for awhile. Goodnight.

No comments: