Tuesday, May 17, 2005

This week I'm back at the other site. We've got a camp full of kids with behavior problems too. These kids just don't listen very well, and often just wander around aimlessly until they're reminded about what they're supposed to be doing. Some of the kids cuss and throw things at each other. This is all expected behavior. I was the same way when I was that age. Unfortunately, the majority of the cabin leaders (teenaged volunteers) this week are ineffectual. Some of them have gone so far as to allegedly misbehave right along with the kids in their cabins.

This made my night hike much easier tonight, because all of the boys in my group were busy explaining to their teachers why there was so much chaos in their cabins. So instead of having 21 kids, I had a mere 11 girls to lead through the twilight.

I also ended up having to relocate a couple of Rattlesnakes today. Two babies were found in and around the camp. They are now a more comfortable distance from the cabins.

Here's a photo left over from last week. More to follow.




S is for snake.

At home, we finally got DSL. No more spending precious time waiting to get a connection. Jen's got a bad headache right now, which just isn't fair. I wish George Bush had it instead. The kids are all asleep. The sky is cloudy, with the possibility of rain looming. Much more to do everywhere. How I ramble...

No comments: