Monday, May 02, 2005

Inspired by an article in Bay Nature magazine, I licked a Banana slug last week. Actually, come to think of it, this action is referenced in one of our most popular camp songs as well... Anyway, they do not taste like bananas. Their slime also numbs lips and tongues. Interesting.

Over the weekend, while driving north on the freeway, I witnessed a guerrilla marketing incident. Traffic was slow, and I noticed that the passenger door of the car in the lane to my immediate left was slightly ajar. As I watched, a man jumped out of the slowly moving car, jogged past it and slapped a poster on the rear of the next vehicle up, which just happened to be a Winnebago. Winnebagos, of course, have a large blind spot, so nobody in it was any the wiser. The man quickly jumped back in his car, which then accelerated into the other lane and disappeared into the flow of traffic beyond the Winnebago. The poster was for some hip hop cd, which I won't buy, but I do applaud the innovative advertising campaign.

At home, the big kids were away at their dad's house, so Jen, Willow, and I relaxed. We've been monkeying around with the new computer, which, wonder of wonders, joy of joys, has a functional cd burner! It's keeping us well occupied.

Oh, I guess I didn't entirely relax. I did a couple of birthday parties and I picked up a bunch of volunteer cabin leaders for this week's camp. Extra money never hurts. The fact that there never really is any extra money does though.

No comments: