Wednesday, May 18, 2005

It's warm and stuffy inside, but outside it's cool and the moon is bright. Sometime around the full moon, later this month, I'll get another cd in the mail because I get one every time there's a full moon. How clever.

It was supposed to rain today, but while I was at work, only a light mist fell. This was a welcome addition to the uphill hike we took this afternoon.

When I got home from work, there was an Alligator lizard in the driveway. I jumped out of my car and attempted to catch him but he ran under the van. In short order, he was up inside one of the wheels. After some persistant poking and prodding from me, he abandoned this vantage point and started running along the undercarriage. About ten minutes later, with my hands and arms black with oil and grease, I finally caught him.
It's strange to see an Alligator lizard in our neighborhood. Suburbia is unkind to reptiles. Cats love to kill them. With this in mind, I'm trying to decide what to do with him. I'll probably end up introducing him to the organic garden at work. It'll prolong his life and help control our bug population. Then again, he survived to adulthood around here, so maybe I should just let him go again in the backyard or something. What a dilemma.

Oh, and here's a picture of another sort of reptile I have to keep relocating.


No comments: