Tuesday, June 01, 2004

We have a new mouse pad, which considerably facilitates computer usage. After noticing in their newsletter that british punk band Blyth Power was selling mouse pads, I was joking with Jen that I would just pick one up at japanese punk band (actually somewhat uncategorizable, but what the hell...) Ex-Girl's show on friday, since Ex-Girl, in addition to being strangely obsessed with frogs, have one of the most comprehensive merchandise tables I've ever seen. Little did I know that they would actually have two different styles of mouse pad, and enough other stuff that I was able to find some birthday gifts for The Dickens - a glittery little purse and a frog-shaped bottle holder. I didn't buy any of the ties or underwear. Ex-Girl themselves, who had gone through some line-up changes since the last time I saw them, definitely passed muster. There were of course frogs everywhere, and plenty of loud guitar, beautiful vocal harmonies (all three members sing, usually together) and strange lyrical tangents. Directly before them was a japanese comedian, who was brave to perform in a language he wasn't too familiar with, but quite incomprehensible.

Saturday, Jen, Willow, and I went to the Youth Science Institute's insect fair at Sanborn park. I initially hadn't realized that this was the first time Jen had been back there since we'd gotten married there in 2002. We stood in the grove where the wedding had taken place and smooched, each with one eye on Willow, who was teetering around on the deck like a drunken pirate. We also went on a short hike so Willow could get good and dirty. Before that, I helped out a bit inside the visitor's center, explaining the differences between centipedes and millipedes, and exposing a scorpion to black light so people could watch it turn green. Good fun.

18 more days of delivery.

cds I listened to while only doing two routes because I have to wake up too early to do three: Sol Invictus "King and Queen", G-anx "Flashbacks", Circle "Alotus", Kristin Hersh "Murder, Misery and then Goodnight", Salty The Pocketknife "s/t", and Buffy Sainte-Marie "Little Wheel Spin and Spin"

No comments: