Thursday, June 03, 2004

It's a full moon again, with a side helping of clouds. A fine day for The Dickens to turn three. Happy birthday Sophie!

I got pulled over tonight. Maybe it will be the last time this happens before I lose this job (16 more delivery days). The cop informed me that one of my license plate bulbs was out. It seems that having only one functioning bulb is not enough. I must have two! He then blathered on about how license plates must be visible for a distance of 50 feet. I refrained from making any smartass comments about measuring tape or binoculars, so didn't get a fix-it ticket.

I've managed to cut the time it takes me to do the new route down to an hour and a half. The first night I did it on my own it took two hours. That means I'm getting twenty bucks per hour instead of fifteen. Not bad. Unless I hit a duck or something. I actually almost did hit a duck, who didn't seem at all bothered that a car missed him by mere inches. I've seen a barn owl for the past couple of nights as well. There was a rather befuddled looking baby opossum crossing the street too. I hope he made it home all right. Let's hear it for wildlife!

time for bed now

cds I listened to while swerving around ducks and ducking under owls: Nurse With Wound "Angry Eelectric Finger - Spitch Cock One", Osso Exotico "Musica #1", CMX "Discopolis", The Spectral Light & Moonshine Snakeoil Jamboree "Scarecrow Stuffing", and Shirley & Dolly Collins "Love, Death & the Lady"

No comments: