Wednesday, June 16, 2004

I'm losing my paper routes at a good time. In my delivery area there are at least four new apartment complexes being built. They're all being erected on lots that once contained office buildings, long vacated by businesses that couldn't keep their heads above the floodwaters of the recession. But those jobless individuals who made up the workforces of these businesses still need places to live, so why not build a bunch of new complexes for them to live in?

Complexes that I will never have to deliver to. Ha!

Only eight more editions to deliver. I'm not delivering any more this week because we're going to Toronto to see Current Ninety Three. I've got some extra tickets for friday and saturday night, mailed here by a friend who can't make it to the show. If anybody needs one, meet us outside the venue. We're the ones with the small child, who currently has no idea that she'll be in Canada very soon.

cds I listened to while deciding that it's too hot out: V/A "Death's Last Life's Breath", Diamanda Galas "La Serpenta Canta", Jolie Holland "Catalpa", and Penelope Houston "Snapshot"

No comments: